Foreign Languages Customer Service Executive
Cactus runs 10-week evening language courses in over 20 languages, in London and major cities across the UK. Classes take place for two hours on one evening per week, and are taught in small groups by qualified, experienced and engaging teachers. Courses are ideal as holiday preparation or for longer-term learning, with easy progression through the levels.
The Foreign Languages Customer Service Executive at Cactus will provide the sales administration support for the Cactus UK evening language courses and its students, and reports to the Corporate and Foreign Languages Account Manager (CFLAM) and works closely with the Foreign Languages Operations Executive.
You will be responsible for all customer communications, i.e. answer enquiries by email and on the phone; send out course confirmations / cancellations and also contact students directly for course continuations or to offer alternatives in the case of course cancellations. You will monitor student numbers for each group and send out group confirmations.
You will also maintain close and positive contact with our partner schools and arrange course dates, classroom capacity etc.
Ensure courses are displayed on the website correctly and uploaded 9 months in advance. Coordinate and participate in direct marketing campaigns such as flyering and taster sessions in Brighton, London and other regional centres.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in customer service in an office environment
- Experience of learning a language in a classroom environment
- Fluent in a minimum of two languages
- Computer (Word, Excel, Outlook) and web literate
- High level of organizational skills
- Strong administration skills
- Proven track record of working quickly in a pressurized environment
- Proven ability to find solutions and perform tasks within limited time frames
- Confident, self-motivated, pro-active, solution driven and enthusiastic
- Flexible team player, with excellent IT, communication and administrative skills
- Excellent people skills and customer service skills
- Excellent spoken & written English (Level C2 in the case of non-native speakers).
Fluency in at least 1 of the following languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Russian, German.
£19K – £20K DOE
- 22 days + public holidays (25 days if you take a Cactus Language Holiday, for which Cactus pays the course and basic accommodation).
- Holidays are restricted for 4 x 3-week periods per year in January, April, July & late September-October, which are our main student intake periods.
Company pension and health scheme, free Cactus foreign language evening courses
Core hours: 9am to 5.30pm with an hour lunch break
Late shifts: 10.30am to 7pm
You will be required to work one late shift per week and 3 late shifts per week during the intakes.
Please email your application (CV and cover note) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be reviewed as they come in and first interviews will be scheduled in the week commencing 1st June.