Definitions and Interpretations in these Conditions
The ‘Company’ shall mean Cactus, or Cactus Language, or Cactus TEFL, or Cactus Language Training, or Cactus Worldwide Limited. The ‘Client’ shall mean the person in whose name the booking is made and shall include the person or persons on whose behalf the same is made. The ‘Student’ shall mean the person who is participating in the course. ‘Force Majeure’ shall mean any event outside the Company’s control which prevents the prompt performance of its obligations, including natural disasters, war, civil strife, acts of terrorism and political unrest, etc.
These terms relate to the following courses:
10-week Afternoon Courses:
Consist of 10 hours of tuition, with one 1-hour lesson per week.
For more information on courses, go to the Company website.
Students are required to be aged 7 to 15 years.
If a course book is required for your child’s class, we will advise you prior to the start of the course which book is required and where this may purchased. In class students may receive additional learning materials appropriate to their course, such as photocopies.
Minimum Number of Students
We require a minimum number of students to be able run a group course. This number varies from centre to centre and is advertised on our website. Whilst the vast majority of courses easily meet this requirement, in some cases some unfortunately do not. We will always try our hardest to run all of our courses as advertised, but cannot guarantee that courses which don’t meet the minimum student number will be able to run.
1) If the minimum number of students is not met, this is the process we will follow:
- Where possible we will offer you a place on a confirmed course in a different location. Or we may decide to merge groups, which may also require a change of location.
- Where a move to another location is not practical, the course may still run (at the Company’s discretion), even if the minimum number of students is not met. In the case of our 10-week junior courses, the course duration in this instance is likely to be reduced as follows:
- With 3 students to 6 weeks
This is due to the significantly intensified learning experience and progress in such small groups.
Please note that the dates for these courses are not flexible and cannot be rearranged once the course has been confirmed by Cactus.
2) Should neither of the above options be practical, your course fee will automatically be converted into a global Cactus credit, valid for one year. You can choose to:
- Use your credit as full or part payment towards any of our products worldwide. Our advisers will be happy to help you choose a suitable course for you.
- Keep your credit and defer a term, in order to take your originally chosen course at the next available start date. Courses run throughout the year with regular start dates. Please consult our website for your next available course start date. Please note that if your course fails to meet the minimum student number required in the next term, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to run the course.
- Request for the credit to be refunded back to you in accordance with our Cancellation & Refunds policy.
Maximum Number of Students
For quality reasons the maximum number of students admitted per course is 12.
Where a course takes place during a public holiday, no lessons will take place on that day and no reduction in price will be given except where specifically stated. Individual classes are usually rescheduled (but not always) but group classes are usually forfeited. There will be no lessons during the half term holiday: courses are usually scheduled so children receive five lessons before half term and five lessons after term.
Course fees include VAT, unless otherwise stated.
Booking and Payment
1) No contract is made between the Company and the Client and no booking is valid until the Company has issued a confirmation invoice by post, fax or e-mail (an e-mail acknowledging receipt of an order does not constitute a confirmation invoice). The Company will issue this confirmation invoice after it has received a completed booking form.
2) During the booking process we supply dollar, euro and any other currency rate as a guideline only. We will always take payment in GB pounds and the amount you are charged will depend on the exact exchange rate at the time of payment.
A standard booking fee of 2.75% will be applied to credit card and non-UK debit card payments.
A standard booking fee of 3.5% will be applied to Amex credit card payments.
There is a refundable booking fee of £50 applicable to each booking. This will be used in the case where parents or carers are late in picking up their child after class, at a rate of £5 per 10 minutes from the end of class. The booking fee will be refunded at the end of the course, minus any late fees, or carried over to the next course.
Cancellation and Refunds
1) In the event that a Client wishes to cancel their course, they must notify the Company as soon as possible by phoning 0845 130 4775 (UK only) or +44 (0) 1273 359 010 (Int’l). The following terms will apply:
- Cancellations made up to 14 days before the course start date: You are eligible for a full refund minus a £50 administration fee, or you can postpone your booking to a later start date with no administration fee deductions applied.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days before the course start date: no refunds are available and you will no longer be able to transfer your booking to a later start date.
- No refunds are available for non-attendance.
- Credit card fees are non-refundable.
- How to claim a refund: You must notify the Company in writing/ by email, following your cancellation. All refunds will be subject to the terms and deductions outlined above.
2) In the event the Company is unable to run a course, or make suitable alternative arrangements under the Minimum Number of Students policy, the Client will be entitled to a full refund, including any credit card fees.
3) Where orders were previously modified and administration charges or penalties incurred, a full refund no longer constitutes the original value of the booking, but is subject to deductions of these charges as detailed above.
Alterations by the Company
1) The company will do its utmost to provide the arrangements that have been confirmed, but it must reserve the right to modify or cancel any course if unforeseen circumstances arise. If force majeure occurs while a course is in progress, the company will try to make reasonable alternative arrangements.
2) The Company requires a minimum number of students to be able to run a course. For further information, please refer to our policy on Minimum Number of Students
Liability of the Company
The Company accepts responsibility for ensuring that all parts of the course are supplied as described and that all services shall reach reasonable standard. However the Company shall not be liable for the failure or improper performance of these services where such failure or improper performance is attributable to:
- fault of the client.
- unforeseeable or unavoidable actions of an unconnected third party.
- unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the Company’s control, including force majeure.
Alterations by the Client
If the Client wishes to change their booking in any way after the confirmation invoice has been issued, they must inform the Company immediately. For further information, please refer to your course type under the Cancellation & Refunds policy.
1) The Company believes that all statements made on its website or in printed material are factual and correct. Every reasonable effort has been made to describe the schools and environments and to provide the amenities described. The Company cannot therefore be held responsible for any changes that become known after any printed materials are produced (up-to-date information can be found on the Company website), nor can the Company accept liabilities for happenings outside its reasonable control. The Company undertakes to advise the Client of any changes known to it prior to the course.
2) The Company cannot be held responsible for incorrect information printed or online by associate websites. Please refer to the Company website for up to date information.
Cactus is unable to provide any kind of visa letter or invitation letter on the basis of attendance of/ payment for a UK evening & part-time language course as described under section 1. Definitions and Interpretations in these Conditions.
Any special requests must be advised to the company in writing. Please feel free to make known to us any medical conditions or other needs, which you feel might enable us to provide you with a higher level of personal service and attention. Any information received remains confidential.
General information is included on this website for help and guidance to the client. Please read it carefully. The contract incorporating these conditions shall be governed by English law and any matters arising out of it shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
1) Committed to protecting your privacy:
The Company collects the minimum amount of information about you that is commensurate with providing you with a satisfactory service. This Policy indicates the type of processes that may result in data being collected about you. Your use of this website gives us the right to collect that information.
2) Information Collected:
3) Information Use:
The Company will use the information collected primarily to process the task for which you visited the website. Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details. For more information please contact the Company.
All teachers are qualified and DBS checked. We carefully select those that have warm personalities and experience working with children. Teachers will use age-appropriate games and activities in class to encourage language learning.
Pick-up and Drop-off
Parents/carers are requested to drop their child off no more than 10 minutes before the start of class, and pick up no more than 5 minutes after class. Cactus is not responsible for children outside this time. There will be a supervised waiting room available until class commences. Late pick-ups will be charged at a rate of £5 per 10 minutes, which will be taken out of the initial booking fee (see ‘Booking Fees’, above).
Parents are requested to supply a safe password in the registration form, which should be used by anyone other than themselves who may collect their child.
Please be aware of and respect any parking restrictions outside and around the school area. Please ensure children are brought to the centres safely without violating any parking restrictions.
Children will receive an introduction to the premises on their first day to show them where the toilets are, and to explain the fire safety procedure and general health and safety guidelines. Children will be accompanied to the entrance of the toilets if they need to go during class.
Please let your child know that there is to be no food in class.
Children are expected to be polite and courteous in class. If a child is particularly disruptive, Cactus will contact the parent/carer. If the behaviour does not improve, Cactus reserves the right to request that the child is removed from the class.
Children will receive a small amount of homework each week. In order to get the most of the course, we ask parents/carers to encourage their child to do their homework, and be there to help if need be.
Children will receive a certificate at the end of their course.
Missing a Class
If your child cannot attend a class, please let us know as soon as possible by email or phone. If a child continually misses classes, he or she may not receive their end of course certificate.
Terms & Conditions of 15% Promotion
- All bookings for junior afternoon courses will receive a 15% discount when booked between Monday 16th February and Sunday 15th March 2015
- The discount will automatically be applied when completing the online booking form
- The offer is valid for all 10-week junior courses in London (Clapham, Fulham and Islington) starting in April 2015
- Cactus reserves the right to cancel courses depending on student numbers; in the case where your requested course does not run, a suitable alternative will be offered
- Course books are not included and should be purchased prior to the course, if required.